Our mission is to provide support to children and their families/carers affected by Encephalitis.
We aim to do this by:
– for those affected by Childhood Encephalitis, to find out what help is available and how they can access it.
– of funding to support further research into the causes, symptoms and potential cures for Childhood Encephalitis.
– funding essential training for those who support children with Encephalitis and an Acquired Brain Injury
– increasing the understanding of childhood Encephalitis and Acquired Brain Injury (ABI).
– providing and sharing with other children, families & carers. We started our charity The Eden Dora Trust for Children with Encephalitis to help those that need it most!
The Eden Dora Trust was created to provide support to children and their families/carers affected by Childhood Encephalitis (inflammation of the brain), the subsequent lifelong Acquired Brain Injury & the other life-changing complexities that Encephalitis can cause.Helping children and their families feel less isolated, different, misunderstood and alone. We raise awareness and fund research in to the causes, diagnoses & treatments of Childhood Encephalitis.We also fund educational literature along with training workshops for families, teachers and health care professionals involved with the ongoing care and rehabilitation of children affected by this life changing illness.We started The Eden Dora Trust to help those that need it most, at a time when they need it most.