** Covid-19 **
During these unprecedented times of the Covid -19 pandemic, for anyone that is worried or anxious about their child… click here to read more
• Encephalitis is inflammation or swelling of the brain
• Childhood Encephalitis usually results in an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) which can cause long term physical and cognitive problems
• Affecting over 6,000 people a year in the UK alone
• Anyone of any age or any background can get Encephalitis at any time
• Personally support families going through Encephalitis
• Raise awareness
• Fund research into causes, diagnoses & treatments
• Fund training for those involved with the ongoing care and rehabilitation of children with life changing Acquired Brain Injuries
“Encephalitis is still so unheard of by so many people, yet it is just as life threatening as, if not more than, meningitis… The support from people who have been there is genuinely invaluable. It’s not a faceless charity, you know their knowledge is first-hand, and it means the world to know that there are people there for you.” Matty’s Mum
I had never heard of Encephalitis or acquired brain injury until I met Eden.
I was stunned to hear Eden’s story when Phil first told me and had never heard of the illness.
I was so honoured to be invited to become a Patron of this wonderful charity.
I am both thrilled and proud to have become a Patron of The Eden Dora Trust
I consider it a great privilege to be a Patron of The Eden Dora Trust.